Tutorial 02


Personal Screenshot from my Unity Hubq

 For the first part of this weeks tutorial we had to decorate our world a little bit, I changed up a lot of the tiles from the first week and made my world look a little neater, then I added in two of the metal boxes into the world, and initially whenever the player would walk around the boxes she would just automatically go over them, so we were shown how to add in some things that when the character walked on top of the box they would go behind the box and when they walked at the bottom of the box they would go in front of it.

Then for the second part, we were able to add in more extras, so I added in a house, some trees and some flowers just to make it look a little nicer. We then had to add in some rigidbodies and also change some things in the script so that the character couldn't walk over the water tiles.

I found this week's tutorial a little easier than last week as I am starting to get used to making things in 2D. I didn't have any difficulties this week and I'm really enjoying making this 2D game.


Comments

  1. Hey Rachael. The blog looks great. I have seen a couple of bogs talking about the tutorial and they have really helped me out. That's good that you didnt have any difficulty. Im looking forward to continuing on with the tutorials. Best of luck

    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Film and Television Screenwriter

Prototype

Game Design Document