Prototype




Personal Screenshot from my Unity Hub

This week I started the prototype on my own game. When I opened up Unity I had no idea where to start, I didn't have much of an idea of how I wanted my scene to look, I just knew I wanted it to have some kind of arcade style to it. To begin, I went into the Unity asset store to see if they had any free assets available that I would be able to use in my game, fortunately they had a lot of assets I will be able to use for my scene. I started out by picking a car that I liked and that fit with my theme and downloaded it and imported it into my Unity. I then looked for some other assets like roads and grass and trees and then added them in to my Unity and created this scene for my game.

I have not created any of my scripts yet, I plan to do that for the first playable next week but I am happy with the start I have on my game, I have not run into any difficulties yet, but I suspect that when it comes to coding the game it will become a little bit harder.

Next week I plan to have some code that will make the road move under the car, so the car doesn't have to move, and also to add some objects in the way of the car that the car has to avoid and also have the reoccurring every couple of seconds.




 

Comments

  1. Hi Rachael, I really like how your game looks it looks like you put a lot of effort into it and a lot of time as well I really like the look of your scene and your car as well it all looks very professional. I never heard of the unity asset store before so I'll have to check that out for my project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael
    Your prototype looks very good. Both your car and background have a great layout, funnily enough my game is pretty similar to yours. I think it’s a great idea that you’re focusing on getting all the assets ready for your game and then waiting to code. I tried to do both at the same time and it resulted in lots of confusion.
    Best of luck with your game, hope it turns out great.
    -
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, Your project is looking really nice. I like the design for it and the car that the player will be driving looks cool haha. I'm assuming you took inspiration from the first unity tutorial we did and I don't blame you because I enjoyed that one too. It was intimidating but cool at the same time because it was our first time using unity properly. I'm interested in seeing what your alpha will look like and what more you add into the project. Will you add maybe some ramps to go over or obstacles to avoid? Best of luck with it, I look forward to the outcome of your game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI rachel, I see you too are developing a driving game of some sort. Nice If you're worried about the scripts, I would recommend going back to the first few Unity tutorials. They will focus on your driving and camera following the player. I will state that having the road move rather than the car may be significantly harder. but go for it if you can do it. :D good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachael,
    Good to see you're making a progress on your game. Lucky for you, you got to import assets for your scene. I had to create mine from scratch, But i kinda enjoyed making them.  If you're concerned about the applying code , go back and analyse the first Unity tutorial what will give you the code for the camera to follow your car and will get your car going. There are also many youtube vids to help you for this type of game. I really hope it all goes well for you.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Rachel i see that your game is coming together very well, I'm finding it hard as well with the scripts too. i like your car and the design of the background it really giving that car diving vibes.
    best of luck and keep up the great work your almost there!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Film and Television Screenwriter

Game Design Document